Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sketches for Ink: Part II

When I have managed to find time to continue with concept sketches for the next piece I want, I try to get it out then.  This day being no exception.

I had a breakthrough with something I was really stuck on, the part that begins the piece on my shoulder, but not anymore.

Here are two very rough sketches of the placement of some of the elements already previously drawn:

First attempt at drawing the kanji as symbols.  Made them too big.

Second attempt while using a mock shoulder drawing for scale.  Briefly sketched the string, blossoms, and how it will end at the wrist.

The hope is that the artist will be able to fit the following words around since my arms are pretty small:

"Regardless of time, place or circumstance, the thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break"

Hopefully, I want this to be somewhere near the shoulder:

"An invisible thread connects those who are destined to meet"

Honestly, I am just happy I was able to find a starting and ending point for the sleeve. The rest is simply adding the symbols that mean something to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment