Saturday, August 7, 2010

Monster and Mommy Project - Issue #1

Since my daughter (a.k.a. The Monster) has taken to the art world, we decided to do a collaborative project, or what I lovingly refer to as the Monster and Mommy Painting.

During the week, I let her begin "her side" of the canvas, but I may be getting a bit ahead of myself...

First of all, the project is this:

A shared canvas, acrylic paints, a piece of tape, and some pencils.  I took a spare canvas of a decent size and split it in two with the tape; a monster side and a mommy side.  Each of us will produce a piece of our own choosing, then draw and paint on our respective sides.  So, the result of her side thus far is below!

I am going to preface this with, "She rocks!"

Yes, an alien space craft picking up some farm animals with a very disapproving farmer looking at the scene!

More entries to come on this little side project.  This will be framed and proudly displayed in my how when it is complete; just in case you were wondering (lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment