Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Decade Later...

10 years, give or take, is the interval of time since my last painting. I started this blog for myself. I am not alerting friends or family; it is for me to chronologically document my return to the craft.

We find inspiration in so many things; friends, lovers, enemies, family, circumstances, situations, foes, and most of all ourselves. Lately, I have felt that I have questioned my own situations and circumstances, others, and life.

I needed an outlet, a hobby; something to break me from the things I let burden me. Work is one of the biggest stressors and I have found that it runs my free time at home. In addition, time spent in solitude also makes a person go a little stir-crazy. I have trouble slowing down and I can admit that. I lose focus on things that should be important and allow myself to get caught up in things that are trivial.

This being said, I have made up my mind.

I am going to use this blog as a diary of sorts; nothing ridiculously personal or significant, just a place where I can review and display my works, from start to finish. I will also leave entries about the pieces and how they have progressed the way they have during each phase.
Later tonight, I will post the starting pictures of my newest and first works in progress. It is untitled at the moment, but the 4-piece series is titled, "Ani-Me".

This series will be oil based (paints) and focus on some of my favorite anime characters with one theme in mind; each piece will reflect my mood at that exact moment.

So, I would like to thank Michael's (the craft store) for having all the supplies I needed yesterday to get me on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment