Thursday, July 15, 2010

Like A Virgin...LOL

Not really, but it sure felt like it once I got changed out of my work clothes and into stuff I didn't mind destroying (with paint or other such agents).

Me; All Ready to Go! (Keenan the Betta too)

Now, it was time to find all the tools of the trade.  In other words, I needed to lay out my arsenal of supplies and get to painting!

Brushes and Cleaners (Paints Underneath)

Palette and Such (Decided to go back to the Disposables after this)

Paint Bin with the Tubes I wasn't Using!

Okay...Everything was checked and ready to go.  Grabbed my sketched on canvas, took a seat, mixed up the colors I wanted to use as a base coat for the faces and got right into it.

Yes, I like a fairly deep base since I believe in multiple applications of paint.

Let the highlighting and low-lighting base coating begin!

Yup, I am getting brave and adding color.

Adding the base coat eye lines for more definition.

Getting really brave with the hair now too.

Hair Base Coat Added - Beginning the Accents to Nine Tails Hair

Nine Tails - Base Accents Complete

Nine Tails - Eye and Facial Accents (Base) Complete

Nine Tails - Mouth, Eye Shading, Hidden Leaf (Base) Complete

Sage Mode - Hair Accents (Base) Complete

Sage Mode - Eye and Hidden Leaf (Base) Complete

And then finally...

Subjects Base Coat Application is Complete!

Finally, I have cropped the documented photos, tidied up the living room some, soaked my brushes for easier paint removal, written this entry, and now, I need to finish the brush cleaning and head to bed.

I feel immensely satisfied with my start (of this project) and my return (to painting with oils).  Nothing quite beats the feeling you get when you are truly proud of something you did, even though you were apprehensive about doing it in the first place, however, I am most proud that I have accomplished this for myself.
Tomorrow, I will probably take a much needed rest, or begin sketching out the second part of the series, but for now, I say, Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment